- Avoid the use of fabric softeners, dryer sheets & bleach. These can impact the fabric over time, causing build up that reduces absorbency.
- All pad fabrics have been pre-washed/pre-shrunk prior to the items being made.
After use, I recommend dry storing. To do this:
- Fold used pad in half, set in a mesh bag/wet bag/pail until ready to wash.
- When ready to wash, you can start with 1 of the 2 options below:
- Add your soiled pads to your washing machine for a quick wash cycle with oxyclean & laundry detergent.
- Fill a pail with cool water and some oxyclean powder. Pre-soak the pads in this pail for a few hours (or overnight) to help loosen the blood before washing.
- See a stain? You can massage a stain stick/laundry bar product into the wet stain or apply hydrogen peroxide (this is a personal favourite), allow it to set into the stain.
- After the quick wash or soak, add other laundry to bulk up the load and run though a regular cold/cool water wash with your regular amount of laundry detergent.
- Line dry or tumble dry (with no dryer sheets).